How the Conti+ Ultra tap is constructed
Watch this video to see Paul Musgrove of Conti+ explain the construction of the Conti+ Ultra tap and the benefits that this offers.
Conti+ Ultra taps were designed at the request of a client who wanted to have a tap in which all the functions of the tap could be accessed from the top of the tap, rather than having to go into the vanity system in order to do any maintenance on the tap.
The Conti+ designers looked at the products they already had.
- A solenoid designed and manufactured by Conti+
- An electronic module designed and manufactured by Conti+
- A sensor designed and manufactured by Conti+
These three items are the core of any sensor tap functionality. The fact that they are all designed and manufactured by Conti+ means that it can offer its clients an assurance of quality.
A sensor tap also needs a battery supply. The Conti+ Ultra range includes a mains, solar and turbine powered options. The video shows the battery powered option.
What are the benefits of the Conti+ Ultra tap?
Very efficient to operate
- Because the solenoid is bi-stable it only uses a small amount of power to open and close the valve.
- The tap could operate continuously for 24 hours without using any power.
- The battery option guarantees at least four years of functionality, assuming that the tap is used up to 150 times per day. If it gets more usage in a bigger building (like a stadium, for example) then the batteries will last for a shorter time, but we can compensate for that with green energy solutions to support the battery.
- A turbine can be located below the crown which lets the water flow through the unit, sending a trickle charge from the turbine to the connectivity of the tap to power storage built into the crown. This power then drives the product, with the battery acting as backup. We guarantee the turbine solution for six years.
- The solar version will take the lighting from a normal room to create a trickle charge. In combination with the battery, this option is guaranteed for eight years.
- We also offer a mains option, which some clients prefer to have as protection.
- This tap has been designed to save you up to 70% water use against your existing tap.
Extremely low maintenance
- If you want to change the parameters of the tap’s configuration you don’t need any special tools and you can do everything yourself with the support of our YouTube channel and the taps own functions (on which we provide training).
- We also offer two additional levels of software – Service Monitor and CNX – which give you additional freedom.
- The Conti+ Ultra is very low maintenance because it has so few spare parts to consider. The caddy houses the solenoid. The filtration unit sits within the body of the product. We have the flow controls and we have the crown. These are the three main elements that you may need to change at some point.
- The tap provides either a hot and cold feed into the body or a single feed from a thermostatic mixing valve on the outside.
- The tap includes a function enabling you to set a continuous flow of water in order to check the temperature.
- You can also stop all water flowing to the tap without needing any tools or having to go into the vanity unit.
- The tap is vandal proof – there’s a security screw underneath that engages with the crown and locks the tap together. This can be unlocked with an allen key if you need to remove the crown.
- You can put logos into an insert in the crown if you wish or you can have a display which gives you temperature control, water control and time flow.
- A filter stops elements from the water from getting into the solenoid and affecting performance.
- The product comes with a spare filter housed within it – these will need to be replaced after 2-3 years.
Easy to install
- Once the water is connected there’s a label on the bottom of the sensor which can be removed and that initiates the tap’s self-commissioning function. You don’t need any special tools or hand controls to do this – the product commissions itself.
- The tap has two sensors built in, one which measures outwards and the other which measures downwards. These give you the correct parameters for operation according to your basin size.
Contact us to find out more about how Conti+ taps could help your organisation.