URIMAT Universal MB ActiveTrap
Compatible with Armitage Shanks Aridian and Falcon waterless urinal bowls
This is a Urimat manufactured insert which will fit into the Armitage Aridian and Falcon urinal bowls, giving you all the benefits of Urimat's advanced trap technology but without needing to change your urinal installation. The Universal Trap works as a replacement trap for both Aridian and Falcon waterless urinals.
How does the Universal Trap work?
- Collected urine is channelled via a funnel into the odour trap and runs through the vertically positioned membrane into the sewage system.
- As soon as urine stops flowing, the membrane closes and in this way prevents gases from the sewage system from escaping.
- The integrated MB ActiveCube improves hygiene, reduces deposits and prevents the inside of the odour trap and the waste pipe becoming encrusted with organic matter, urine deposits and fats.
- After the MB ActiveCube has dissolved, the red surface beneath the transparent cover signals that the odour trap needs replacing.
- The vertical membrane technology guarantees that odours are completely sealed away and can withstand both negative and positive pressures, so it is impossible for gases from the sewage system to escape.
How does the Universal Trap compare to Falcon and Aridian traps?
The Universal Trap has superior odour control when compared to other urinal traps, especially in high footfall washrooms. Unlike other traps, the Universal Trap doesn’t have a liquid barrier seal and so will not be damaged by someone emptying a bucket of water down the urinal. Other urinal traps, which do have liquid barrier seals, are destroyed by someone doing this as the seal is flushed away and then there is nothing to prevent urine and drain gas odours from entering the washroom atmosphere. The Universal Trap has an MB ActiveCube inside the dome of the trap which breaks down and removes bad bacteria and sources of odour.
How much does the Universal Trap cost?
The Universal trap costs £59.90 for a pack of two (so is cheaper that the equivalent Falcon and Aridian urinal traps). Additionally, the Universal trap will last longer than these other traps so needs replacing less often, thus reducing costs further.