Xeros washing machines use less water and mean fabrics last longer
Extending the life of the clothes we wear and using less water
When we wash our clothes we damage them. Colours from dye can run into lighter garments. Our clothes can shrink, and the mechanical action of garments rubbing together in a machine can damage prints and fabrics which leads to ‘pilling’ or bobbling of fibres. No matter how carefully we wash them, they wear and tear.
XOrbs work like tiny hands. They roll between fabrics stopping fibres from rubbing together reducing damage and surface fading. The characteristics of XOrbs mean they attract dye molecules in the water which stops them from transferring onto other clothes. Their weight helps keep fibres taught, even when wet, to reduce shrinking. Clothes are less creased, softer and have an extended lifespan.
A Xeros washing machine uses
- 70% less water
- 50% less energy
- 50% less detergent
than a traditional washing machine.
See how it works
The Xeros washing machine using less water, power and detergent
How does the Xeros washing machine work?
At the heart of the washing machine are XOrbs. Reusable, recyclable and safe, XOrbs gently clean laundry using less water and chemicals. They mix into the XDrum at the start of the wash and gently remove dirt and stains. When the wash is complete the XOrbs automatically go back inside the XDrum and are ready to be used again.
- Powerful yet gentle cleaning action
- Attracts, absorbs and removes stubborn stains
- Clothes look newer for longer
- Lasts for 1,000 cycles
- Reusable and recyclable
- Gentle on laundry
- Lower energy costs
- Reduced water usage
- Fewer chemicals
- Reduce linen replacement rates
- Less creasing so less ironing required
XOrbs also replace a lot of the water used in a standard wash, this means lower wash temperatures can be used as there is less water to heat.
Another benefit of having reduced water is the higher concentration of detergent in the wash process.
Benefits of Xeros X-drum washing machines
- Better wash quality with X-drum than with traditional machines
- Enhanced fabric life and strength
- Whites remain whiter, wash after wash
- Fabrics retain their shape for longer
- Towels and linen proven to last twice as long using the X-drum technology
- Colour retention is better for longer
- Stain removal is more effective
- Reduced microfibre pollution