- This event has passed.
How to cut water use in your sports venue – in association with BASIS
April 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Currently the average person uses 140 litres of water per day and this needs to be reduced at least down to 100 litres. This can be achieved not only by helping people to reduce the amount of water that they use when they’re at home but also by organisations working to reduce the amount of water that employees use when they are at work. Sports venues have a significant amount of work to do here as they are traditionally extremely heavy users of water.
We’re past the point where water saving can be considered as an “optional extra” within sports venues. Water-saving initiatives can not only help sports venues to demonstrate sustainability, reduce their carbon footprint, achieve green certification and show leadership in environmental management but also save very significant amounts of money. So how can you start to deliver responsible water management, and consequential cost savings for your organisation?
Sign up for this free webinar to learn how your sports venue can effectively reduce its water use.
- An overview of water saving products – how modern water saving taps, urinals, showers and toilets can significantly cut water use
- How sports venues from the Ageas Bowl and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to Silverstone have effectively cut their water use
- Changing people’s behaviour to make water saving the default option
- How to check that you’re with the best water retailer for your needs and how to switch if you are not
- Water saving advice for sports venues who rely on a borehole for their water
- How rainwater harvesting, grey water and water recycling opportunities can significantly cut your water bills
- Conducting a water efficiency audit within your organisation
- How reservoirs and storage tanks can help mitigate the seasonal water supply and demands that many sports clubs face
- Reducing sewage costs through onsite waste water treatment
- Putting in place an effective installation, monitoring and maintenance system
- How intelligent water management systems can help you understand and reduce your water use
- Tracking the success of your water management plans and working with your water retail company to get support
In association with BASIS – The British Association for Sustainable Sport