Download our free guide to Water Management for Safety and Cost Reduction
Designing safe and efficient washrooms in a post-COVID world
Many organisations are now considering how to reopen their facilities and enable employees to return to work safely. The washroom is one of the areas of the building where hygiene is of most importance, and the global pandemic has led to a growing interest in ensuring that safety and hygiene are built into washroom design from the start.
With that in mind we’ve produced this guide to safer washroom design. In it we’ll explain all the things you should consider when working to ensure that your washrooms are as safe as they can be. There’s advice for people who are considering refitting their washrooms completely, as well as tips that are relevant to those who need to work with their existing set up.
- Why washroom design is so important
- Using signage to improve social distancing and hygiene
- Reconfiguring your washroom layout
- Using hygienic wall and floor finishes
- Ensuring effective drainage with Green Drain
- The importance of ventilation
- Installing more hygienic shower options
- Low flush WCs
- Reducing contamination through sensor activated lighting, taps, hand dryers and other equipment
- Ensuring an effective cleaning and maintenance schedule
- Options for total surface, room, equipment and water systems disinfection