The Green Drain ensures that water flows down, whilst bugs, odours and gases stay out
Plumbing installations including a trap primer can be expensive to install and often need lots of maintenance due to failure. When a trap primer fails, sewer gas, bugs and unpleasant odours can enter the building through the drain.
Green Drain’s patented, easy-to-install design solves these common issues. The Green Drain enables water to freely pass through a one way seal, however gases, bugs and odours are blocked from being able to re-enter the building.
The Green Drain is an eco-friendly solution to the expense and hassle generally associated with trap primers.
How the Green Drain works
Green Drain product features
- Easy to install and easy to remove – no pliers needed
- Requires no caulk or expensive installation tool
- Saves a significant amount of time, water, costs and energy
- Fits in the barrel of most commercial cast iron drains for an easy retrofit to existing drains
- Can be used with all 2”, 3”, and 4” floor drains and in 3 ½” & 4” floor drain strainers
How you’ll benefit from installing the Green Drain
- Sewer odours often product a foul smell in buildings from floor drains. The Green Drain’s one-way valve eliminates those odours and prevents the spread of dangerous bacterias that can cause potential health hazards, whilst keeping the drain fully functional.
- Traditional floor drains can quickly become a doorway for pests such as flies, cockroaches and rodents. However the Green Drain has a silicon skirt attached which prevents pests from getting in.
- Traditional drain trap primers need to be replaced often and are a pain to replace. The Green Drain takes mere seconds to install and also acts as a barrier trap protection device.
- Traditional drains require consistent chemical treatments as part of their maintenance. In contrast, the Green Drain eliminates the need for chemical applications, making it better on the environment.
Who is the Green Drain for?
The Green Drain is generally used by businesses, school maintenance departments, office buildings and more.
- Shower drains
- Outdoor drains
- Basement drains
- Water heater drains
- HVAC condensation drains
- Ice machine condensation drains
- Maintenance areas
- floor/mop sinks
- Residential bathrooms
- Under kitchen sinks
- Laundry rooms